Monday, May 23, 2011

Warhol art goes to the Dogs

Okay.. I couldn't resist. This is a from a few years ago but I want to let people understand how my mind things.

I have four dogs.. Actually back then I had 5 but that is another story.

I needed some "color". So I took it upon myself to find something. I have thousands of pictures of my "girls". Yes they are all female. And so I started thinking of how I could take my inspiration to a new level of color.

I started with thinking of a graphic way to look at my oldest, Fiesty (green). Then it got me to thinking of Warhol look. Now of course I didn't go with all the same picture I used my four girls but I simplified it all to the essentials.

I have this hanging above my headboard. I am so blessed with these four creatures of endless love.

Project took me about two days using my beloved Photoshop. I printed them out on card stock with a great HP laserjet and simple framed them in no-frame, frames in a 2x2 block. Extremely satisfied with them. See below.

If you care, Fiesty is 13 years old (green), Tonya is 11 years old (orange). Bonnie is 12 years old (yellow) and Mia is 2 years old (purple). Her mother, Lady, was the one I lost not pictured.. Just hurts. 

I could do this for your four legged family members, too. Just call me.

No comments:

Post a Comment